Friday, January 25, 2008

Dr. Wes Does Internet Talk Radio

Thanks to Dr. Anonymous for the opportunity to appear on The Doctor Anonymous Show last evening, a weekly web-based blog talk radio show about medicine and med-bloggers on the web. The intro theme song? Why "Sweet Home Chicago" of course! Last night we touched on my background, how I came to be an electrophysiologist and med-blogger (and how that related to the t-shirt website I co-founded with my wife, MedTees.com). I also discussed the difference between pacemakers and defibrillators, and a bit about the recent defibrillator recalls and the challenges they posed to doctors as well as patients, and finally, a bit about the future of electrophysiology.

If you missed the show, feel free to check out the archived copy.

-Wes

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

FANTASTIC show! I learned a lot!

(more than I wanted, but ..as a wife of an A-Fib patient {eeks how's that for bad first person usage} what I needed to know)

And .. it was great fun in the *hecklers* section. *grin*

Anonymous said...

So Cool! That was my first encounter with blog talk radio.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and story!

Kb said...

BTR is fun and friendly format. Dr. A and Dr. Wes did a fantabulous job!