Saturday, September 16, 2006

Weekend Fun

Okay, I cruised over to Moof's blog and saw a puzzle he she posted. It was too tough to figure out, so I punted. But it got me thinking of my college days, and a fun trick I saw.

Now, in honor of the weekend, and in consideration of folks that might need to make some money through a little wager at the local bar or Rotary Club, I thought I'd give you another trick to keep up your sleeve. It involves another puzzle... so be patient...

Take one dime and place it on a table. Place a cup approximately 3-4 inches high behind the dime. Stare at them carefully. Now, your job is to place the dime into the cup without moving or touching EITHER the dime or cup! (A picture of the set-up is shown below):



Think hard. Science is at play here. CONCENTRATE! Show it to your friends. Walk away and come back before seeing the answer. It'll seem that much cooler if you do.

Really, take a minute to think about it...

And if you must, I have included an unedited live video of me performing the solution for you. (For the record, I did this on the first try.)

--Wes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!!LMAO!

Dr. A said...

Wow! Here's the real question: How much money did you win from this trick?

Anonymous said...

Okay ... I'm going to think on this one before I look at your video! I love stuff like this!

By the way, I'm not a "he" ... the "he" with me is my youngest son. ;o)

You're not the first one to make that mistake! *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Sorry! Don't mean to spam you ... but ... how many times did you have to film that? *LOL*

And no ... I didn't figure out. I had to cheat! ;o)

DrWes said...

Dr. A-
How much money did you win from this trick?

I consistently made about $0.10.

Moof -
OMG - so sorry about the gender change operation! (I'll correct the post!) and, honestly, that was the one and only take (tho' I did practice once before I filmed to be sure I could still do it) - I had plenty of practice in college.

For all-
In case you try this, a couple of points: The edge of the table has to be sharply angled (a beveled edge will not work), and taking a large breath and blowing real hard with your upper lip against the edge of the table, then blowing up and through the coin area works best. Try it, it's a real conversation-starter!

Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

You are my idol!

Anonymous said...

If I didn't see it I would never have believed it! : 0