Friday, April 13, 2007

Thief Helps Victim With Apparent Heart Attack

A funny story, complete with video:
It started when the masked robber walked into the Kangaroo Express and demanded the cashier open the safe. When she told him she didn't have the keys, he ordered her to empty whatever cash was in the register into a bag.

That's when 60-year-old Mary Parker faltered and told the stranger she was having chest pains.

He allowed her to sit on a stool and explain he was forced to turn to robbery because no one would hire him. Security video captured the bizarre conversation that took place next.

"I have heart trouble. Help me," she pleaded.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," was the reply.

"I have heart trouble," she repeated.

"Ma'am, it's going to be all right," the gunman reassured.

"I'm probably going to have a heart attack," she continued.

"Oh my, ma'am, please do not have a heart attack. Please do not have a heart attack. Please don't, ma'am," he responded, starting to panic. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"I'm having a heart attack, honey," she continues. "I'm having a heart attack."

And then he let her call 911, even allowing her to use her own cell phone when the one at the store stopped working.
Be sure to see the whole story - it gets better...

-Wes

No comments: