Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Music's On My Mind

Boy, after Moof's musical meme, and last Sunday's Chicago Tribune article on music in the hospital operating room, it got me asking, what music should NOT be on an iPod or played in the operating room. The Tribune article offered a few suggestions:
- "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan)

- "Fixing a Hole" (Beatles)

- "Bad Liver and a Broken Heart" (Tom Waits)

- "Don't Let Us Get Sick" (Warren Zevon)

- "What's the Ugliest Part of Your Body?" (Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention)

- "She Blinded Me With Science" (Thomas Dolby)

- "I've Got You Under My Skin" (Frank Sinatra)
Well, I have a few more suggestions, some of which are SO obvious:

- "Stairway to Heaven" (Led Zeppelin)

- "Tears in Heaven" (Eric Clapton)

As a service to our fellow surgeons, perhaps we should assemble a more complete list... Any other suggestions?

--Wes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Wes, those are hilarious ... and I agree, not the best choice for OR background music ... ;o)

Mothers of Invention ... I haven't heard about them in such a long time! I probably shouldn't admit this, but I remember the words to a load of their songs although I haven't heard them in about 2 decades! *LOL*

Anonymous said...

"Don't Give Up On Me Baby" -Indigo Girls

"It's A Miracle" -Barry Manilow

"We've Only Just Begun" - Carpenters

"I Won't Last A Day Without You" - Carpenters

"There's Something Happening Here" - Buffalo Springfield

"How Can You Mend A Broken Heart"-Bee Gees

And

"Hotel California" - Eagles

-Arm

Anonymous said...

" I left my heart in San Francisco"
" Toxic" by Britney Spears
'Like a Surgeon" (sung to the tune of Maddona's Like a Virgin)
' First Cut Is the Deepest" by Sheryl Crow