Friday, July 11, 2008

Atrial Fibrillation: Let's Chat

As part of our Web 2.0 initiative to discuss health issues with patients, I have agreed to perform an online "live" chat about atrial fibrillation and its diagnosis and treatment options on Wednesday, 6 August 2008 at 7PM, central standard time. Oh, there will be some pre-screening of questions so the usual flame-throwing inherent to the blog-o-sphere can be avoided, but hopefully, it will be informative.

You can request an e-mail reminder so we can torment you, if you'd like. Also, if you want to front-load some questions you'd like addressed on this post, feel free to post them here so I can come prepared.

Lookin' forward to the opportunity...

-Wes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart doc had heard nothing of this: In the 6 months since I was DX with AF, my husband noticed that about 2 hours after I was exposed to a herbicide when the baseball diamond was sprayed next door, I go into AF and it lasts about 7 hours. Even the use of brand name products sprayed on my ankles and trouser legs to prevent ticks and chiggers as we live in a Nat. Forest in AR, I go into AF for 7 hours! The CDC suggested that it might be one of the proprietory ingredients used for the delivery of the product. The bug spray killed the clover where I stood while being sprayed. We Googled: atrial fibrillation, herbicide, and up came Equine AF!!! Since you have a forum, perhaps others have personal observations which could help us learn more. MCH

Anonymous said...

In these chats, is it possible to just drop in and read questions/answers without asking questions? My mom had an episode of AF last year and I'd be curious about questions/answers, but am not sure I'd actually ask anything.

She also has macular degeneration, so while she is on coumadin, it increases her risk of bleeding in the eye...

DrWes said...

anony 5:17PM -

Yes, you can just view them live or view them after they are archived online.