Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Song Meme

Alright, Dr. A started it, and Dr. K tagged me tonight: pick your 5 favorite Christmas songs and get five other fellow-bloggers to do the same. As memes go, this one is easy and a great way to share the season with friends while reflecting on our youth and our own kid's excitement during the holiday season. My favorites:

5. "Grandma Just Got Run Over by a Reindeer" - kind of fits my sick sense of humor.

4. "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"

3. "What Child is This?"

2. "Joy to the World."

And my alltime favorite, sung while the church lights are dimmed and the flame from a single candle is carried to everyone's else's candles at midnight on Christmas Eve:

1. "Silent Night"

And now, for my lucky five torch-bearers:

1. Moof (Payback's hell)

2. Dr. Couz

3. #1 Dinosaur

4. Rob at Musings of a Distractible Mind

5. Artemis

By the way, if you really want to surprise a checkout person while shopping in a crowded mall, just smile and say "Thanks. Merry Christmas!" They'll do a double-take.

Watch.

-Wes

5 comments:

Dr. A said...

Great list! I like it!

Dreaming again said...

I almost tagged Artemis ... glad you did!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Wes!!! You hold GRUDGES!!! *ack!*

Ooooookay ... I'll take my medicine! I'll try to have it up some time tomorrow. ;o)

Dr. K said...

Thanks for playing along, Dr. Wes. And a merry Christmas to you!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Wes, the meme is posting even as I write this comment.

Have a Merry Christmas! :o)