Sunday, December 17, 2006

Another Chistmas Meme-ory

Thanks(?) to Rob over at Musings of a Distractible Mind for his tag regarding this Christmas meme which has been circulating a while... It's fun to play along...

1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Well, the nod goes to the Nog, at least in limited amounts – it reminds me of the season. And I have this thing about dying from something I understand

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Huh? Wrapped, of course! Special ‘North Pole’ wrap.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Honestly, I had always done white on the house, but his year I noticed just too many houses that way, and went to the multi-colored variety and love it! I climbed thirty feet up a ladder in a death-defying exhibition of idiocy that provided wonderful entertainment for the neighbors – I noticed them watching me like they were waiting for the big car crash at a NASCAR race… but I survived. (Maybe next year I’ll hire someone to do this…) The tree has been and always will be multi-colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I’m over that. I mean, when you have a Cadillac in the garage, why go after a Ford?

5. When do you put your decorations up?
We never put them up before 1 December. Thanksgiving is important in our house.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I make a mean Buche de Noel.

7. Favorite Holiday memory?
Santa always had a unique way to expose the last present. A small card on the tree attached to an ornament would have a limerick to take you to the next limerick, then the next limerick, then another, until 5 or 6 poems later, the final resting place of the present would be exposed. Or other times there would be a long string attached that would wind around the entire house! The anticipation was incredible!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? Santa still comes every year, one way or another…

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Only one is permitted, after we attend church.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Carefully, except for this year when we experienced Christmas Tree Syncope.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it! I mean, what’s better than a White Christmas?

12. Can you ice skate?
Sure, but my ankles usually pay a price.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remembered it every year, until the next year, when another magic gift arrived.

14. What’s the most important thing?
Family and our faith in God.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
See number 6.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Each Christmas Eve, luminary are lit in our neighborhood up and down blocks and blocks just after dusk. The drive to church sends chills down your spine.

17. What tops your tree?
An angel that my daughter places there after she climbs on my shoulders.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
My mother always said, and I agree, “The gift of giving is with the giver.”

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Oh Holy Night.

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?
Yum, baby, yum. I can only do one small one a day at most, though.

Now, whom to tag?

Dr. K at That Mirror Belongs to Frank,

Dr Couz at Tales from the Emergency Room and Beyond, and

OB/Gyn Kenobi.

-Wes

No comments: