Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Power of a Wheelchair

Touring the Birmingham (Alabama) Botanical Gardens


I noticed something magical about a wheelchair this past week.

First, getting a loved one out of a chair or bed away from four dark walls does wonders for their psychological well-being and self-confidence.

Second, without exception, every person my mother and I encountered while roaming the streets and parks in this chariot could not have been more generous, thoughtful, patient and kind.

No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope and fear;
But grateful take the good I find,
The best of now and here.

- John G. Whittier
Happy Mother's Day!

-Wes

2 comments:

Laughlete said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it._ Laura Webb

rlbates said...

Happy fyour "wren" is mending. Happy Mother's Day to her and your wife