Saturday, September 05, 2009

Number 2001

Hard to believe that since starting this blog, this is post number 2001.

It has been an interesting ride.

Looking back, it all started (honestly) as a way to talk about the t-shirt website that my wife and I developed in 2005. Innocent enough, certainly, but not very exciting after the initial novelty wore off [though I still like our t-shirts! :) ]

Not long after this blog began, my father fell gravely ill and I soon found the opportunity to put down in words what it was like to experience those times was therapeutic in a way. I often look back to those posts and find they ground me. My mother reads those posts still. I guess I didn't realize how much I enjoyed writing. Soon, I experimented with new ways to express emotional moments I encountered in my day to day dealings with life and medicine - some posts better than others and most with typos - but hey, it's me.

Better still, I have been introduced to some incredibly wonderful people through this blog. Interesting, passionate folks! Great friends. Some wackos. Some people stranger than others, certainly, but from all walks of life and all kinds of vocations. Although I could live without the not-so-clever spam artists out there, here in this little electronic nest everyone is an equal, everyone has a chance to say something that makes a difference. It didn't take long for me to be humbled by the breadth of knowledge that exists here in the blog-o-sphere.

I still am.

It's a strange thing, this addiction to the blog-o-sphere. I find my passion for the hobby ebbs and flows. Sometimes I have a steady stream of thoughts or opinions on things, other times the mind's a void for days. But when I can't find the words, others do (and usually with much more eloquence than I could ever muster). To those folks: thank you.

So as this strange source of endless entertainment and learning continues, it's only appropriate that I take a moment to thank all of you who have stopped by to share your thoughts, if only briefly.

We're all better for it.

Cheers-

-Wes

2 comments:

james gaulte said...

Thank you for your valuable stream of comments and insights.2000 is a lot.Great work.

DrRich said...

Wes,

I look forward to your next 2001.

Rich