Monday, February 25, 2008

Jarvik's Out - Idiocy is In

Well, Pfizer pulled the million-dollar man, Dr. Robert Jarvik, from its pharmaceutical (Lipitor) ads today due to "misimpressions." It's just too risky to use a make-believe clinical doctor, I guess.

Instead, we can look forward to more beavers, butterflies, and animated pipemen to promote drugs more objectively.

Hell, I see butterflies in my bedroom when I take Lunesta, don't you? Especially since they paid over $182.7 million in the first half of 2007 to make sure I see them over and over and over again...

-Wes

2 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

I recently saw some revised Lunesta ads and noted that one very simple thing was slightly off. The people woke up with smiles on their lips - not scraping their tongues on their teeth which is how I awoke, desiring a toothbrush and mouthwash, due to the absolute horrendously bad taste in my mouth when I tried Lunesta some time ago. yuck!

Unknown said...

In 30 days the FDA will be deciding if drug ads on TV should include a 1-800 number and website where consumers can report side effects. Of course, the drug companies have no interest in putting this information in their ads. That’s why Consumers Union is fighting the influence of the drug industry by delivering 50,000 signatures to the FDA in support. Add your name to the list now at www.PrescriptionForChange.org.