Monday, December 27, 2010

Time in a Bottle

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day 'til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you.

From: "Time in a Bottle", by Jim Croce

Was it a day with you at Wrigley?
Or an extra day at the beach?
A chance to see a few more recitals?
A tack, a turn, or broad reach?

What will we miss, I wonder?
What should we have done?
Sorry, Superman was busy.
Sorry there was so little fun.

You see I used to save time in a bottle,
Time I’d supposedly earned.
But you can’t see time, now can you?
So, the rules were easily turned.

What comes now, I wonder.
When the grains of sand are lost?
What did we lose together?
What has it really cost?

There’s one sure thing going forward,
One particular thing I know.
Time stands still for no one.
So the bottle has to go.

-Wes

3 comments:

Named Just Bob said...

Very nice and so true. Happpy holidays with the family.

Dennis said...

I have several bottles that buys me time... thank goodness.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Evocative, i like that, thanks.