Friday, June 02, 2006

New T-shirt Fashion Buzz: Cut it Up

Since I'm in the t-shirt circles as a doctor, I thought I'd share this with you.

If you have kids and want them to be cool at their next school field day, take a look at what my daughter walked down in this morning: a brand new field day t-shirt sliced to bits, but carefully reassembled using knots in this trendy fashion. We did not help her at all.


Seems she cut the shirt up along the side seams, then cut horizonal strips about an inch wide up the sides so these strips could be knotted together. Then she cut off the sleeves and used a strip of the sleeve to tie the shoulders together and to make a hair bow, and then cut a more plunging neckline (I'm not sure I like this part). The result is shown. She tells me about half the girls at field day (5th and 6th grade) will have a shirt like this today.

Although not (or should it be "knot"?) new, a little research shows how to turn a t-shirt into a skirt or make a TaeBo shirt for the exercise-concious. Perhaps we'll get a few folks with MedTees making them look just as cool!

--Wes

No comments: