Saturday, May 05, 2007

From Salad Mixers to Blood Products

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) launched their direct-to-consumer website today, so I thought I'd check out the Heart Health link on their page. I found the side-bar on the right handy since it disclosed most of the major recalls and approvals granted by the agency recently. But I was struck by the reports found under the Recalls and Safety Info button. Under this button is all of the FDA's Enforcement Reports for a particular year. Some of these reports contain everything from recalls of salad mixers and cantaloupes to blood products potentially contaminated with malaria.

Now admittedly this is great information, but can the public really use this in its present form?

And tell me, what does a salad mixer have to do with the heart?

-Wes

No comments: